Lights have always been providing brightness in every individual’s life. Thus, to with the benefits it provides, these lights have to be kept in proper manner. Thus, to implement these benefits, different lighting control system is to be known to have an effective use of electricity with no damage caused. There are different types of systems implemented. Some of them are as follows-
- Wireless lighting control system- this is a system which is an automatic control system. It needs input from computers or phones to work. It is flexible and provides same light effect as provided by the wiring light system. It has good scalability, takes no labor installation charges, can easily be controlled by the user. It can provide light to those places where wiring system cannot provide like hard ceilings, mortar buildings, asbestos buildings and exterior areas of some places.
- Analog control system- this system uses voltage for controlling the light output. The main device for the system is the on/off switches. It basically uses multiple switches for controlling the use of electricity. 0-10V (zero to ten volt) dimming is one of its components. These are mainly being implemented by institutional or commercial places. It provides direct current. This is the simplest system. Thus it has fewer features like it costs lower installation charge as well as lower cost for programming of the system.
- Digital lighting control system- these are mostly used these days as the world is becoming digital day by day. This particular system not only uses switches but also follows the voice command of the occupant. These are mainly used in offices or working places. it is subdivided in four more systems and they are-
- KNX(konnex) based system
- DSI(Digital Serial Interface) based system
- DALI(Digital Addressable Lighting Interface) based system
- DMX or DMX512 based system
Thus, these systems has not only made lives easier but also made it digital. The digitalization of electricity is an important step towards the conservation of energy.